I have not made a blog in a very long time but i'm going to get back to it!
To start things off, I often hear Christians say things like "do not swear because it says not to in the bible." ... well no it dose not. There is no place in the bible where it says swearing is a sin. The other thing I have noticed is that people will substitute a swear word for words such as "Fudge!", "Beach!", and "crap!". All of witch mean the exact same thing. when someone substitutes a swear word for a different word it dose not suddenly become okay, it is the same thing just more sociably accept. please correct me if i'm wrong!
Actually, I had quite the same opinion as you last year, but one of my small group leaders, Bethany looked up some verses for me that talk about swearing (or technically, unwholesome talk). Some of the verses she showed me: Ephesians 4:29, Colossians 3:8, Ephesians 5:4, James 3:10.
ReplyDeleteI think you raise a good point, that I never thought about before, about how some words are just more 'socially acceptable'. Some swearing does violate 'do not take the Lord's name in vain' commandment.
Good to see you posting again Kieran. I like that you walk in the freedom of Christ to speak what you feel on your heart. You are a wise young man!!
DeleteYA! I took aliitle beark and im trying to get back :)
ReplyDelete